Inland marine insurance is a type of marine insurance coverage that covers a wide range of specialized property.  For example, an inland marine policy can cover items such as medical diagnostic equipment, fine art, solar energy equipment, and even clothing left at a dry cleaner. Our inland marine coverage can also cover property designed to facilitate transportation or communication such as commuter rail systems and cell phone towers.


Commercial inland marine coverage is often used to provide protection for assets and property that is movable or could be in transit over land as well as property owned by others that is in the possession of the policyholder or on the policyholder’s premises.


Does Your Business Need Inland Marine Insurance?

If your business frequently ships products or equipment, you may want to consider purchasing inland marine insurance. This type of coverage is especially important if you ship high-value products or materials, which are often excluded from basic property coverage. Inland marine insurance can cover a wide range of specialty equipment and products, including:

  • Computers, everything from servers to laptops

  • Communications and networking equipment

  • Construction and contracting equipment

  • Medical and scientific equipment

  • Photography equipment

  • Trade Show Booths

  • Bailees Customer Coverage​

To find out more about this inland marine and other products and services, contact us at 312.802.8817.


980 N Michigan Ave, Suite 1400

Chicago, IL  60611


© 2020 by Truska Insurance Agency, Inc.