We are so excited to have you as part of Truska Insurance Agency, Inc. We take great pride in our agency, community, and clients. As an independent agent, we offer choice, provide a high level of service, and are local.
Choice: As an independent agent, we offer a choice of multiple insurance carriers, coverage, and premiums. Our focus is on you and finding the insurance coverage that best suits your needs at the lowest premium.
Provide a High Level of Service: We are forward-thinking insurance brokers who understand that sustained success is built on solid relationships and a robust customer-centric approach. This is achieved by emphatically listening and addressing an issue than solving it promptly.
We're Local: We are a Chicago-based broker that understands the unique risk associated with living in the city and suburbs. Such as homes built before 1940, brownstones, townhouses, or row homes. These homes have specialized labor and materials. Depending on the neighborhood, or if there is an individual historic designation for the house, there may be restrictions on the renovations and additions you can make to your home.
Please read the rest of our welcome packet for more information about our agency.
Thank you for the trust you have put in Truska Insurance Agency we look forward to being of service for many years to come.
Robert T. Truska, CLCS, SBCS
Founder | Broker
I'm the founder of Truska Insurance Agency. Founded in 2016, I have built Truska Insurance into one of the most innovative, service-oriented groups in Chicago and the surrounding suburbs. The highly personalized boutique feel of the agency focuses on property and casualty insurance for the entertainment industry, small businesses, and families. My genuine commitment and long-standing industry relationships have made me a relentless and successful advocate for my clients. Recognized as a strong negotiator, I employ a straightforward style and passionate approach to achieving client goals and representing their interests to insurance carriers. I am a lifelong Chicagoan, a runner, a golfer, an outdoor adventurer, a dad, and a self-proclaimed world's best husband :)
Insurance We Offer
Your One-Stop Insurance Shop
Errors & Omissions
Auto Accident Tips
If you’ve been in a car accident:
• Move out of the way of traffic and turn on your hazard lights.
• Call the police if there are any injuries or if there is extensive damage to your car. You should also call the police if the accident was caused by a driver who left the scene without stopping.
• Do not discuss the accident with anyone other than the police or a Travelers Claim professional.
• Exchange necessary information with the other driver(s). Don’t forget to write down the license plate numbers of all involved vehicles and take pictures with your smartphone if you can do so safely.
Home Claim Tips
If you have damage to your home:
1. Take steps you can take to prevent further damage to your home and personal belongings. This may include shutting down the water main. Mopping up standing water, moving personal property to a dry safe place.
2. You may call a water mitigation company or licensed contractor without consulting with your insurance company to stop any further property damage.
3. Keep all receipts and invoices for any work completed for the claim adjuster.
4. Take photos. Take more photos, you can never have too many photos for the claim adjuster to review.
5. Call your insurance company to report your claim as soon as possible. – They are available 24/7, 365 days a year.
6. If you have damage to your personal property, provide your claim professional with a list of damaged items, including information on age and approximate repair or the replacement value.
"When we relocated to Chicago late in 2021, Robert Truska was recommended to us for our insurance needs. It was a brilliant recommendation, as Robert was the most responsive, reliable, proactive, knowledgeable professional we could have hoped for. Interstate moving is stressful at all times, but Robert was most helpful. As far as solving our insurance requirements for the purchase of our co-op, transfer auto, and other insurance, Robert could not have been timelier in his responses to our requests. He also, importantly, helped us save money on our premiums. We highly recommend Robert Truska for all insurance needs in the Chicago area. He is a great customer-service professional. "
Faber, Gold Coast
Our Referral Program
Refer a friend or family. For each referral we successfully insure, you will earn $25. In addition, we will donate to the Center For Independence Through Conductive Education.
You can claim your reward via Visa prepaid card, Zelle, Venmo, or Paypal. You can send as many referrals as you want.
It's a WIN, WIN, WIN. A win for you, a win for the Center For Independence Through Conductive Education, and a win for us.